1. Where did you grow up? – Buffalo NY-Go Bills!
2. How long have you been in your mortgage career? – I started in mortgage banking in the year 2000 while living in Syracuse NY at the time.
3. Are you married? – Yes, my wife April and I have been married since 2003.
4. Do you have any kids? – Yes, April and I have a wonderful son Tamiru or “Tam” as we all call him. Tam is from Ethiopia, and came to America in 2016.
5. Do you have any pets? – We have 3 little Maltese dogs named Goose, Daizy & Tank!
6. When did you move to Colorado? – April is a native of Colorado and we decided to move to Denver in 2004 from Syracuse.
7. What is the favorite part of your career? – The mortgage industry never gets boring. There are always changes and challenges, which makes it interesting. More than anything, I love helping my clients and referral partners achieve their goals and building lifelong relationships with them.
8. What is your proudest accomplishment in business? – I’m super proud of how my hard work has paid off over the years. When I started in the mortgage industry, I was hardly closing anything; it was not easy! To think now I am a top producer and winning awards makes me see how far I’ve come.
9. What motivates you to keep working so hard? – For me, I have always known I have a lot of potential and my desire to try and meet that potential is what keeps me going. Each time I set a new goal and I achieve it, I look forward to the next goal I can hit, and I keep doing that over and over.
10. What do you do when you are not working? – I love spending time with April, Tam and our dogs. While we have been fortunate to go on many adventures together and travel to lots of fun places, just being with them at home is enough for me.
11. Where do love to travel to most? – I love warm tropical places, so Mexico, Costa Rica, and Hawaii are a few high on the list.
12. Where do want to travel to that you have not yet? – I want to explore more of Europe, especially Italy! The only place I’ve been to in Europe is Paris which April and I went on during our honeymoon and again on our 10th anniversary. I love beautiful architecture and history so seeing more of Europe is a must!
13. What is your favorite food? – This is a hard one! It really depends on what kind of mood I’m in, but some of my favorite foods are pizza (I could live on it!), Mexican & Italian. Luckily, I’m not super picky, and I like to try new things.
14. What is your favorite drink? – I have a lot! In the morning, I love a good cup of espresso or an americano-no cream and sugar for me though! During the day, I normally just drink San Pellegrino sparkling water. I also love to enjoy beer, wine, whiskey-normally bourbon or scotch.
15. What is your favorite TV show? – It depends on what era, but Seinfeld will likely always hold the top spot. I love Shark Tank, The Profit, Billions, and Succession.
16. What do you like to read? – I love to read business books and self-improvement books. I’m always trying to learn, grow and improve.
17. Do you set goals for yourself? – For the past 15 years or so, I have been big into not only setting goals but making sure I write them down. I tend to set massive goals for myself, ones that stretch me. Sometimes it takes me a while to hit those goals, but I am persistent and keep working hard until I achieve them.
18. What would you do if you were not in mortgage industry? – I love my career so much that I can’t imagine not being in it. I have goals though of owning multiple companies in other sectors of business. I like the idea of spreading my net wider and learning new areas of business other than the mortgage business.
19. Do you have any hobbies? – Since I love my business so much, it has almost become a hobby for me over the years. However, when I am not working, I love reading, working out at The Denver Athletic Club, spending time in the sun and the pool, and just enjoying life with my family.
20. What regrets do you have? – I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life and business. While making mistakes is never fun, I try to look at them through the lens of what I can learn from them versus having the mistake haunt me. I’ve learned to set aside time for reflection during my week to look at mistakes I’ve made, learn from them and hopefully not repeat them. By doing this, I feel like it helps me grow as a person, and hopefully, I can teach others not to make the same mistakes I’ve made.
I’m here to answer any questions you might have about our products and services. Feel free to contact me using any of the following methods: